- I love to laugh – and I love romance.
- I am unapologetically sentimental. Weddings, still choke me up.
- I take my job very seriously, but I am not a serious person.
- I enjoy solving problems because for me it is not just about taking pictures.
- I love telling visual stories. Let’s tell your story together
Candid. Natural. Authentic.
I want you to have amazing pictures and I believe the best photos come from moments that happen naturally.
Before the wedding day, I will work with you on your timeline, making sure we streamline the photo process so that you can spend most of your day enjoying yourself with your guests. During portraits, I will guide you through the process and talk to you so that you look your natural best and feel comfortable. The rest of the day – I let the events unfold, without interfering, and capture them as they happen.
As a small boy, I would sit for hours watching my mother Hand-Color Portraits for a local photographer, during the cold winter months, by a fire in our family room. From watching, I began taking my own pictures with my first box camera. Fast forward to a restless twenty-something working as a Microbiologist. Taking weddings and portraits on weekends because It was a lot more fun. Eventually, I graduated college with an M.A. in Photography and started out in Chicago, by assisting numerous photographers, shooting everything from oranges to weddings. I have been fortunate to have worked all over the world. Photography is more than a job, it’s an avocation, a passion, it's what I do.
One of the early adopters of Digital Photography, Thom was contracted to open a Digital "in-house" Photo Department for a Major Publisher in the mid-'90s. When that project was over he returned to full-time freelance photography and teaching, always willing to share his vision and knowledge at several Universities.
Thom's love of the water led him to get his USCG Captain's license. Thom is an avid Abalone diver, sailor, and skier. He has been a Manager of photo studios, run a Children’s clothing store and factory, renovated houses and at the age of 16, he rebuilt a 65 Chevy Malibu. His many interests give him a unique perspective, of the world he captures. He can make anybody feel comfortable in front of the camera because he has had many experiences.
Partial Resume of Company's I've worked for:
- DraftFCB, Michael Patrick Partners, Cole and Weber, Leo Burnett, Ogilvy and Mather, JWT, BBDO, Crammer Kressalt, Alaskan Airlines, Boeing, Blast, Genetech, Marshall Fields, Sears, Wards, Microsoft, Nintendo, Chevron, Simrit, Fair Issac, Aldus, Visa, Motorola, Eddie Bauer, Bon Marche, Egghead, LifeWay, Redpoint Ventures, IVP, Investment Partners, Nordstroms, Taubman Malls, Winkelman's, BMI, Sparrow Records, Sante Nuts, Aladdin, Netflix, Stanford, and many others.